In order to better explain the DirecTwist technology developed by AGTEKS, first of all, it is necessary to talk about yarn, twisting and doubling technologies. In addition, it is useful to express the benefits of doubling and twisting.
What is twisting?
Twisting is called when the fibers are wrapped around an axis (yarn axis) in order to provide resistance against the tension forces that the yarn will undergo during fabric formation.
For example, in weaving a fabric, two different types of yarns with both “S” and “Z” twists are used in the warp, and therefore, a patterned fabric is obtained due to the reflection of the rays in different ways from these yarns.
* We can classify the twists according to the yarn count as follows;
- Single ply twisting
- Double plied twisting
- Multiple plied twisting
* Twists according to the number of twists;
- Soft twisting
- Normal twisting
- Hard twisting
- Crimp twisting
- Fancy twisting
* Purpose of Multiplied Twisting:
- Adding strength to a single ply yarn
- Obtaining yarns in various appearances
- Creating a different look and effect on the fabric
- To obtain yarns with multiple plies and different structures.
Doubling and Twisting Machine
Twisting Machines are machines that fold and twist more than one yarn and they are similar to doubling machines. The most important difference between twisting Machines and doubling machines; the existence of twisting devices in the twisting machines and the twisting of the yarn in addition to the doubling process.
Doubling and Twisting in Ring Twisting Machine
Ring twisting machines are one of the doubling twisting machines used in flat twisting and can perform single and double twisting.
Doubling and Twisting on Two for One Twisting Machine
The tasks of this machine are;
1- Giving two twists to the yarn in each revolution of the yarn
2- To gain strength by twisting the yarns from different bobbins
3- It is to wind the twisted yarns at constant tension and in the form of long-length bobbins.
4-Pre-doubling the yarns increase the efficiency in this machine.
Duties of Doubling Machine
- To prepare the twisting machine by doubling the single-ply yarnsthat need to be twisted on a bobbin at the same tension.
- If the yarns are not cleaned before doubling, to clean the faulty parts by passing them through the filtering device.
- It is to provide ease of operation in all subsequent processes by wrapping in bobbin form and long-length.
Twisting and doubling are done together with the DirecTwist technology we have developed as AGTEKS. However, unlike other technologies, DirecTwist makes winding and twisting with the movement given to the yarn, while other technologies winding with the drive given to the cops. For this reason, Ring twisting and doubling machines can operate with 5.000 cycles, while DirecTwist technology can reach double and higher cycles.
While bobbin transfer process is required in ring, “2 for 1” and classical twists, it is possible to wind from bobbin to bobbin in the DirecTwist method. This situation affects the number of processes in the enterprise.
DirecTwist machines have been developed by designing the flexibility of ring twisting machines due to external feeding and the efficiency of the “two for one” method.